Monday, January 9, 2012

Lathe (8/366)

*posting for yesterday*


Ok, so I have 2 for yesterday's photo. I had 4, didn't like how they looked in the 4 pic collage, so you get two..LOL


We went to T's work so he could do a bit more work on some more motorcycle parts. These parts are made out of steel (I think), and when finished, they will be tapered to match the inside 2 degree taper of the brass pieces I posted Saturday. They will slip inside and lock the brass pieces to the forks on the motorcycle. 


I really tried to show motion (that thing was spinning SOOOO FAST!), but the lighting was tricky, and I wanted to show the smoke and shavings coming off the piece being trimmed. I was really intrigued by the curlie-q's LOL


These are sooc, except for the larger pic in the first collage. I had to lighten it up to show better detail then the original.




3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the angels and I really, really, really, like the curlie q's. LOL Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I think I'm gonna have him bring some home for me to play with! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one. The bottom right corner one really stands out to me! Just a cool depth of field with the pieces!

    ReplyDelete