Monday, January 2, 2012

A day late, a photo short (1/366)

*should have been posted for*
 January, 1st, 2012


Yes, I'm shamelessly cheating already. Better late then never, right?


Day one was yesterday, and the camera called my name. I ignored it. I was too busy, too un-inspired, too..everything. It was my boyfriend's daughter's 14th birthday, and New Year's Day. I made beef stew, homemade bread (that didn't rise right..grrr), had a family birthday party, a few drinks, and spent way too much time after all that watching weird stuff on Netflix. I managed to forget photos of the cake, or the birthday girl, or anything. And when I remembered, and had a moment to redeem myself, it was bedtime. So, here's the photo I *should have* taken yesterday.
2012


I don't *do* New Year's resolutions. For one, I hate failing. For two, I think if you want to do some changin', it can be done any day. I get the whole "start fresh" thing..I really do. But, to me..the semi-non-commital type, I don't want a hard-n-fast proof that I set yet another goal, and didn't cross the finish line. So, I don't bother with resolutions. 


However, I do have goals, and I do have things I want to improve, so here it is...what I want to do more of, and less of. Not really resolutions...more like undefined goals. Generic directions I hope to take myself in 2012. Not absolutes. Please note that "excuses" is on the *less* list...and "camera use" is on the *more* side...


I'll do better. :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you're absolutely right about resolutions. LOL I hate failing, and when I finally decide to do something, I prefer it to be on my timeline. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really creative angle and capture!!! I love the more and less! And I agree something should be done every day something small to improve your life, not just on new years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never is exactly right! ;) I love the angle you shot this photo at.

    ReplyDelete